Thursday, June 14, 2012

Mein furher! I can run!





Running days are good days.

Being unemployed and broke can limit your choices just a tiny bit. It's too hot for me during the day to go out much. Today I went running and I was breathing hard on my way to the park before I even started running!

After a run I'm in the mood to do things. I feel more alive!
I usually go out and meet my friends, or have them over for dinner or wine in my tiny balcony.

My friends are my huge support group. They will chip in for beer. They might drive me home once in a while so I can stay longer with them and not have to pay for a taxi. We'll talk about life and politics, and shrinks, and relationships. We'll laugh. We'll act childish and laugh some more. We'll drink some more beer. We'll look at the beautiful view and stay silent.

Some of us have tried to seek the point in life; some of them still do. The lack of it sometimes crashes us. When this happens I stay at home, I don't feel like doing anything. Usually, this is not a running day.

Then, we'll have a beer looking at the beautiful view, and talk and laugh and stay silent.
This is life. Pointless, but sometimes worth living for these moments.
If it gets tough we can go. Since we're here for the moment we might as well live it.

3 comments:

Andr� Winter said...

"Like"

Annielika said...

There is no any deeper meaning of life, than just trying to be happy, and enjoy single day as it was your last one... so that when you are old, looking back at your life you won't regret anything, and you won't feel like you wasted your time on useless worrying for nothing... Thats my philosophy.

When I feel bored, sad whatever I always try to look at my life from the point of view of me being dying... would I keep being sad? Or would I enjoy every single beat of my heart?

Otherwise, life is really meaningless...

Annielika said...

One more thing... being unemployed and broke can limit the choices you are used to make, but it also means lot of free time, and need for creativity... you can have a best time of your life being unemployed and broke, believe me. As long as you have a roof over your head, full stomach, and clothes to keep you warm, you are fine and it is up to you to get creative.