Saturday, July 7, 2012

25


According to my running schedule I’m almost at the end of the 5th week. I ran for 25’ today, and the absence of my running partner and my 3 day break made my training much harder than I expected.

I was running on a dirt road at some village and I could see the sea and smell sage and raw figs in the air. I thought I should take some pictures next time.

After the first 6 minutes I started thinking, why am I doing this, what’s the point? I feel like shit, I’m not solving anything, I might get injured and not run anyway half a marathon, anyway... Some craws were flying above me as if they were waiting for me to fall.

After 20’ I think I got what they call “runner’s high” and I started running for the next five minutes as if my life depended on it, listening to “Kalashnikov” by Goran Bregovic.



and the sun beat down on my head while
a dragonfly admonished my flippancy
but a blue and yellow butterfly sat on my knee




 








 


4 comments:

Andr� Winter said...

I just love that moment in running when all the pain is gone, and you focus on your body, and it feels good. congratulations on your 25' trainning! I am proud you made it! You are really close to 5k, the first big milestone!

Annielika said...

Never let these thoughts win! Never!

Your running is not just simple running, it is doing something good for yourself, and this way solving your problem to clear your head from such thoughts.

Just run Maruska, and enjoy a beautiful surrounding around you :) Athens sucks today, cos we got a heat wave...

SheepMonkey said...

Run florist ruuunnnnn

Mariposada said...

thank you all for your support, it means so much to me... even the SheepMonkey troll!