Saturday, September 22, 2012

Cuckoo is running again... (drum roll)

... at the Race for the Cure in Athens and the 10K at the day of the Athens Classic Marathon!

On September 30th the Race for the Cure is being held in the center of Athens. This is a very important 5K for me since it's about breast cancer awareness and I've lost my mother from breast cancer. The thing is that she had cancer for the first time 20 years ago and because she realized very early she lived for fifteen more healthy years.

Denial is the most common defense mechanism in people... It's what makes people say "oh, no!" when they hear about an accident, or "I can't believe it!". It's what makes parents overlook the obvious signs that their offspring is on drugs, the wife not see that her husband is cheating on her, me not self-examining myself believing that if I don't see it it won't be there...

So, I guess I'm going to run so that more people spread the message that early diagnosis can save your life and maybe convince myself, too...


Since many of you have been asking me why I haven't been writing for such a long time I have to inform you that I did not want to die, or anything, it's just that I was at some island and I am pretty happy!

Here are some photos so you'll get why I stayed there for 10 days instead of 3 as originally planned :)


























No comments: